Thursday, June 24, 2010

Review for Bree Tanner.

Note: If you haven't read the book, this will give a few things away, but not much. Just so you know.

"No two writers go about things in exactly the same way. We all are inspired are motivated in different ways; we have our own reasons why some characters stay with us while others disappear into a backlog of neglected files. Personally, I've never figured out why some of my characters take on strong lives of their own, but I'm always happy when they do. Those characters are the most effortless to write, and so their stories are usually the ones that get finished. Bree was one of those characters..." -Stephenie Meyer

Well, I finished my book. And, despite what others may think, I really enjoyed it. Of course I kept having to tell myself that there was no way that this book could end well, but I enjoyed it all the same. I had to constantly tell myself not to get attached. She's dies in the end. She dies in the end. Don't get attached. She dies in the end. She dies in the end. Think happy thoughts!

Things I liked:
1. The relationship between Bree and her BFF.
2. Seeing the story or world through the eyes of a "real" vampire. It was very interesting.
3. The fact that my favorite character (apart from the Cullens and such) survives.
4. The brief mention of Shannon Hale in the text made me happy.

Things I didn't like:
1. She dies.
2. The whole violence thing was a little much in this book. No concern toward the humans whatsoever.
3. The swearing.
4. And there was no good stopping points. It was like reading a chapter that was one hundred sixty plus pages long. It was kind of annoying.

Well, anyway. Good book. Be warned. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Shannon Hale? Did I miss something? Who is that? Relation to Rosalie?
And who was your favorite character? Gross Fred? or Frank or whatever his name was? :)

Julia said...

Shannon Hale? You know, Goose Girl? Austenland? Enna Burning? Shelly, come on! Your moms read them all. ;) And yes, I actually really liked Fred. I want to know what happens to him.

Shelly said...

sorry, I guess I'm totally lost on the Austen spin offs. Never heard of any of them.
I liked Fred too...it would have been cool if she'd mentioned that like Rosalie and Emmett had run into him when they were looking for nomads or something in the 4th book...somehow. :)

Hannah said...

I also really liked how the teenage dudes Bree was with were arguing about superheroes.