Sunday, December 7, 2008

Guess What!

I. Just bought. A laptop.

Yeah. Me. A laptop.

Now I know what you're thinking: what's the big deal? It's only a laptop. -Well, just step back for a second and remember... this is Julia we're talking about. The one who can't do spur of the moment. And who would never play lets-drain-the-entire-account-in-five-seconds (which I did NOT do! ...exactly. ...completely. ...in quite so many words).

To be honest, I'd given this a lot of thought. I would need a laptop for school and getting one a month before hand was just something I wanted. Besides, I was afraid if I didn't get it now then I would back out later. Needless to say, I really didn't want to back out.

It's a Compaq Presario laptop. No idea really what that means, but the price wasn't half bad. At least, my dad, -THE computer geek [no offense dad, but it's true] -thought it was good. Every laptop looks the same to me. But I like it. Cheap and more than enough for my college-student needs.

I am excited. ...No. That word isn't enough ...I am THRILLED! -Like a child on Christmas morning! I bought the thing a few days ago, but didn't open it until today. I wanted to be sure I got the right one. And the tension nearly killed me! But I'm good now. I feel good about my buy. I'm sure it will be just fine.

I loved that it came with Idiot-Easy Instructions. -A long red page that said "Begin Here" and a fold out with big bold letters and steps that tell you how to turn the thing on. (Step One. Unpack the box) And there are even helpful pictures and arrows of how to set it up. I thought it was great. Just what I needed!

So yeah, if anyone has any helpful hints on laptops (things such as let the battery die before charging it again and scan for viruses every so often) it would be very helpful. ...When it comes to Julia and computers (along with a number of other things) I am a complete blond!

2 comments:

Laura Willis said...

Computer blonde, I think you got that from me. I hope it isn't contagious what if your Dad gets it?
Congratulations on your big splurge. I am glad you got it in time to play a little before you go.
Can't wait to see you.
Love you lots!

Jessica Eileen Willis said...

I know how you feel. Dad on the other hand, is probably the one writing the idiot-easy manual.