I probably shouldn't be writing right now, due to the temperamental mood that I am currently in, but I feel like writing. Though I fear that this state plus my desire to write adds up to a very dull post. So, I apologize for that. But anyways...
I started work on Tuesday. I work for a family in my ward by helping them tend their kids and a few foster kids that they've taken in temporarily. I think my official label is: Helper. (At least that's what I was told today.) My younger sister Jessica works the morning shift and I work the evening shift. It gets kind of confusing for the kids that Jessica and I are sisters and that we both do the same thing and that we both look similar. I quite often get called Jessica at least twenty times a day. It doesn't really bother me, but I pretend it does. It's more fun that way. "Jessica??" I'd say, squishing up my face as if I was utterly repulsed by the name, "My name is not Jessica!" And the kids would always quickly remember that I was actually Julia and not Jessica. Today I resolved aloud that I was going to change my name to Jessica and the mother of the family (who is also called Jessica) said "No! You can't do that! There are too many Jessica's and it would be even MORE confusing!" ..I guess she's right, but then again, no one would have trouble remembering names. But, regardless, I think I'll just stick with Julia.
Work has been well. And when I'm not working I'm either reminiscing over all twenty-five gigabytes of pictures I have on my computer, or reading a book that someone recommended, or watching a movie that reminds me of someone I miss for whatever reason. ...I feel like I'm in this state of despondency and I'm putting myself there and I'm not exactly sure how to get myself out again. Anyways. I'm trying to think of another subject to write about besides this one and nothing is coming to my head... Hmm.. Think.. Think..
Uh. Nope. I got nothing. My job is basically my life right now. Or, at least, the part of my life worth blogging about. So yeah. Work is going good. End of update.
Sweet Moments in Primary
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment