
I was just on my way to the library- and I walk because my car's in the shop, anyway I was just going to the library when I passed a used bookstore. Cute little place. It's called Pat's Books and Crafts.
If you know me you know that I can't just pass a bookstore, I have to take a peak inside.
It was nice. At first, however, I thought it was just some kind of dumb horror, icky romance shop, but then I discovered a whole other room...and then another...and then another. It was great! Nearly half of the hard backs were half off and nearly all the paperbacks were no more than a few dollars! I think I bought about seven books for five dollars. And despite my sore back and aching shoulder, from carrying my bags and leaning over to see the book titles, I am excited.
My dad says I'm wierd. I remember the first time I bought a pocket dictionary. I was so excited. I had always wanted one and now after seventeen years I finally got one!
"Well, you're sure easy to please." That's what my dad said after I skipped over to him in the Wal-Mart book isle clutching the little dictionary in my hands.
Perhaps, I am easy to please. When it comes to books anyway.
As I said in my earlier post, I haven't always liked reading. Even now I have to take a break from it. I'm always squirming around in my seat when I read because I can never seem to find the perfect position. After a while my back starts hurting and my eyes start fuzzing up... Do you think maybe I'm getting old? I hope not, I want to stay young for as long as I can.
That's one of the reasons I love reading. The characters never grow old, and in turn never does the reader. I mean sure, minds change and all that, but really no one ever gets any older. Wouldn't that be fun to be trapped inside a book and never get old, always living in an adventure; To be imortal in the eyes of the reader and never be forgotten...
Anyway, just a thought.
No comments:
Post a Comment