Friday, December 21, 2007

Forgotten Superheroes


Yesterday at work was so boring. I believe it was due to the fact that our "SUB-WAY" lights were burnt out. At first it was just "WAY" that was out, but since the workers came yesterday to fix it, all of it went out. So, yeah, nobody really thought we were open. It was very boring.

There were three workers; Me, Mackenzie, and Brandon. Brandon is a college student of twenty-one years (but he really only looks fifteen) and Mackenzie is just sixteen. Anyway, aside from the boringness of it all, Brandon and Mackenzie were acting really goofy. I admit at first I found it fun, but then after a short time, it became just a little too much.

Near the end of my shift Brandon decided (actually I think he was dared) to put on the Subway-Man suit that we keep in the back. (Its of a smiling sandwich, of course, only he's got a long red cape in the back.) When he put it on he went out into the lobby and started sweeping, or mopping, or whatever. It was hilarious watching him try and mop when he could barely see in front of him! There was one point when he started mopping a rug, thinking that it was the floor. Yeah, it was pretty funny.

For the longest time I've wanted to dress in the Subway-Man, take a picture, and post it. But I haven't really got around to it. Except Yesterday. Mackenzie happened to bring a camera with her. I didn't dress up in the suit, but I did have her get a picture of me and Sandwich-Brandon. We had our thumbs up and everything! It was really funny! Mackenzie could hardly hold the camera still because she was laughing so much!

Anyway, after work I walked a few blocks away to "Chili's" where Melinda, and her friend Sarah, were eating their dinner. It took me a while to find them, but I won't go into the details. They were just finishing up with their appetizer when I came in and scooted in next to Melinda on the booth.

They got their food a little while after I arrived, all the while we chatted about random things. Oh, boys and such, lol. I only had water. Lots of it. Our waiter just kept coming around and pouring me glass after glass and I kept drinking it, glass after glass.

"Are you a camel?" Melinda asked me as I sipped the last of my third glass (rather rudely, making way too much noise). I had to stop drinking when my sixth glass was about half empty. Boy, was I full! And fool. I really should have know better than to drink so much water all at once! Oh, well. I'm still alive.

But yeah, sorry this post is so boring. I really have nothing else to blog about. Nothing much else has happened...yet.

But who knows. Today could very well be better. Or worse.

P.S. I'll be sure and post the pictures when I get them. No worries there!

No comments: