In a coffee shop there was a lady who was just so full of the Christmas Spirit(you know how that is- always willing to give) -Anyway, she paid for her drink as well as for the person behind her. The reporter said it was like wildfire, spreading down the line. Soon everyone was paying for another person's drink. I think it started a near five in the morning and here the reporter was, standing by the shop, about eleven o'clock-lunch time, and people were still at it.
It amazes me how good you can make someone feel if you simply try. I know these drinks were like three bucks (not to mention, full of disgusting coffee-) but still, it was enough to make people realize how wonderful it is to serve.

My father always said that the way to love someone is to serve them. And he's right. ...So girls, if you find a cute guy all you have to do is pitch in a couple of dollars of service and maybe it'll work out. But no, really, life is beautiful. It is what we make it. If you want to be a miser the world will mise with you. And if you want to be a giver guess what? -the world will give back. Mind you, it may not always be in the way we expect, but there will be effects, both good and bad.
Anyway, I didn't mean to steer away from my original subject- back to what I was going to say. I know it may sound funny or child-ish, but I'd like to challenge all who read this to notice when someone does something for you (whether big or small) and pay if forward. (Yeah, like the movie.) Okay, now, I realize that most of you are probably regretting you ever read this post, but really it doesn't have to be big, just do it. You'll feel good about it. Step out of your box and do something for someone else. Whether it's jumping in front of someone to open a door, or carrying boxes for an elderly woman, or just saying hi to someone who looks miserable. -Just do something. Anything.
Then, for my sake -I'm so bored- please comment on what you did. Let me know how you felt when you did it. And please, I realize that doing something for your family is the easiest way to go, but just try acting outside of all that. Serve a stranger. You may find out that they weren't very strange to begin with.
Just try. Please. And, of course, Good Luck!
6 comments:
Hey, Julia, I hope you liked my present to you. It was funny, Sunday, Jessica and Meria? How do you spell her name? kept talking about the Wii. OH, how was your Christmas?
(Mariah) Haha, of course they'd be talking about the Wii. There's nothing else in their lives right now! lol. Its okay. It really sucks up all there phone time though. Everyone's always busy playing. I called my brother Joseph the other day to finish reading Spiderwick with him (he loves that series by the way) and he told me he was WAY too busy to read because of the Wii. Golly! I'd 'ave never guessed!
Oh, my Christmas was okay. I really liked seeing all of you on Christmas Eve though. (I hope Hannah didn't get into much trouble. I feel horrid about that!) How was yours?
good.
Trouble? No. I think Mom has probably forgotten about it by now. (And it WAS irresponsible of me) I needed to learn a lesson. I had fun, though. It was worth it. And stop feeling horrid. You sound like an Andelin.
Horrid? Andelin? Hu? You guys aren't horrid, hehe. But I do feel bad. That shouldn't have happened. I should have known better. Anyway...
I'll try to post something new when I find the time. I guess I have the time really, I just spend it on other things now, like reading. There's a book club I want to go to and they're reading "Jane Eyre" so that's what I'm spending my time on now. Plus school. I spend lots of time stressing over school. Plus I don't want the Claybrooks bill to jump up just because I blog too much on their computer, ;) Haha, just an FYI.
Post a Comment