Sunday, December 9, 2007

White Compass


On Friday at 10-ish, Melinda drove me to the Metropolitan Community College up in Longview. I was going to take my Compass Placement Test and see what classes I need to go too. Thankfully, for my ACT results, I only had to take the Math section. Everyone takes the Math. Doesn't matter how good your ACT score was, you still take the test. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Of course, it would have been much harder had I been given the College Algebra and Trigonometry portion, but thankfully they realized that I was too stupid for that and only gave me the Pre-Algebra, and Algebra.

It took me about a half an hour to finish and that was actually taking my time. The lady at the front really emphasized the "Take Your Time!" thing, but I finished early. Which was good I had other things to do. ....Sort of. I had work later in the evening. Like four hours from then....whatever.

When I was done with the test (and I took it on the computer by the way) I had to wait out in the hallway while my results were processed. I wasn't out in the hall for very long, but I liked getting a first look at the school I would soon be attending. I always like to know what I'm getting into before actually getting into it. Then, shortly after, the lady called me into the office and sat me down to discuss my results. She was very pleased with my score and said that I was right where I needed to be. I was so relieved to hear her say that. I always tend to get very nervous when I have to do anything, especially when I know it may have a lasting effect on my life. Sure it was just a little old test, but it meant a lot to me. I don't know. I guess I'm weird that way.

Okay so that was the "Compass" part, now for the "White" part.


Yes, its snowy up here. Or down, depending on where you are. My family informed me today that there is actually NO snow there, just a smidgen of ice. Well as my little sister says "Like five inch icicles hanging from the roof!" And to think I was worried about driving all the way to Arkansas in this weather, come to find that there is no weather! Or well, no snow anyway.

Just yesterday, Seth took me to the bank so that I could deposit my last couple of checks (I'm terrible at remembering. Last month I was going through my things and I found a check from Dairy Queen that I hadn't cashed yet, so I was like "Hey cool a hundred dollars!" I love it when that happens!) Anyway, as I was getting out of the car I put my leg out and then, as I always do, I shifted my weight to that one leg and then the ice happened! Before I knew it I was sitting on the rim of the car, or that gap between the seat and the door, or whatever you call it. The thing you hop over when you get into the car. So half of me was in the car and the other was out of it. It was actually kind of funny, but my bum was cold. So, that wasn't very fun.

Well, see ya later.

4 comments:

Hannah Maree said...

You're so funny, Julia! What? I have to take another math test?! What are they doing to me? I thought that ACT was it! :)

Julia said...

Nope!! You have to take another test!!! Thanks for that. I like being funny!

Anonymous said...

Why did you sit there if it was cold?

Julia said...

Sit There? What? Are you talking about when I slipped at the bank? I wasn't really 'sitting', I fell.