Saturday, May 31, 2008

Day Eight

Got up at nine again, but woke up a few hours earlier. Just being lazy I guess. I got up and made breakfast. Ate breakfast while watching one of my favorite movies. Ran to the bank at ten. Took care of all my "church funds" that I'd set aside for "later", now just seemed to be a good a time as any. Came back home. Ran to the store to buy some milk.

Then, on the way back, I got a phone call from my boss. He asked if I would come in to work early. It was eleven thirty then. I had work at five. He told me that one of our guys pulled a "no call, no show" thing and that he needed someone "Bad!" -I'm horrible at saying No. ...But I had no real, hard reason NOT to go to work. Of course I had my talk. And a bunch of reading to catch up on. I also had a few things to take care of around the house. But nothing that absolutely HAD to get done... So, of course, I went to work. I started at eleven-fifty-six and ended at ten-twenty-seven. According to my time-sheet thats nearly eleven hours. Good money.

Of course, I'm practically dead with exhaustion. Our store's AC is broken and when you're working with hot bread and ovens and junk, it gets pretty hot. And the fact that it's Fast Sunday tomorrow didn't help any either. I thought I was gonna faint! Well I went in at lunch time -which I didn't have time to eat, due to my call-in and my stupid rubber-bands. So yeah. I was Very hungry and very hot. Totally dehydrated. But I'll survive. On the bright side, I'll get to eat after church, instead of having to wait 'til dinner. Oh and there will be refreshments after the graduation. I'll be sure and let you know how it goes...

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Someday, you will have to learn to say "no". Your job isn't the ONLY thing in your life.....

And please, make sure you eat!! Don't overdo yourself....take care of your body!!