Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Day Four.

I got up today at ten-thirty. Hol-E Cow! Talk about sleeping in!

I drove to Springfield with my brother to pick my sister up. Long drive. We left at noon and got back about three-ish. Then, after that, I took Jacob to a friends house so that he could say goodbye. We got there at about four-fifteen and had only like ten minutes before we had to leave for home. We were going to go out for dinner before Jacob was set apart as an Elder.

My parents spent a total of $105.87 on dinner for the whole family. And actually, it wasn't whole. We were still missing three kids. But yeah, we went to Golden Corral - which, by the way, doesn't have any horses :P -for Jacob's final dinner with the family. It was good. Lots of food. Lots of belly aches. And Jacob ate a fish! It was so gross! Like a whole fish! I got a picture of it on my cell phone and if I can figure out how to get it off, I'll be sure and post it. Bleh! My youngest sister Haylee was freaking out! "Jacob's eating a fish! Jacob's eating a fish!" It was so funny and very gross! We saw the skeleton and everything! Woo-who-bleh-huh!

After dinner we went to the Stake Center and waited for Jacob's meting to start. We sat around singing hymns for about twenty minutes until the Stake President and his counselor's were ready. His blessing was good and totally personalized. Like, it was very much Jacob's. My brother will be speaking Spanish. And knowing Jacob...well, he'll either procrastinate the entire thing or he'll jump right in. With Jacob it's either all or nothing. But he'll be good. He'll jump right in. The excitement he showed during these last few days of being at home really confirmed it. He is so excited!

He became Elder Willis that evening. I nearly lost it when I was giving him a congratulations hug. He pulled away before I could really start showering him with emotion, though. He was really funny about it.

We got home late again that night. Went to bed round midnight only to wake up again sometime around four in the morning to take Jacob to the airport. Ugh. I can't believe that he's leaving tomorrow. Two years. Twenty four months. Over seven hundred days... I'll get over it.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

You crack me up. What a great experience. I am glad that you could be there for him.....that's great!!