Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Childhood.

I found an envelope in my closet the other day (I never know what I'm going to find in there. It's always a mess!). It was sealed and full. I didn't remember sealing it. That would be silly. I would just have to rip it open sometime anyway. Well, my curiosity got the better of me and I tore it open right there. I was surprised to find a whole stack of pictures. Pictures of my childhood. There were only a few of me and the rest were of my elementary friends.

Well, for some odd reason I felt that it would be a fun thing to blog. The pictures, I mean. My family would see them at any rate, if I were post them and that would be fun. I'm sure that anyone else would just get a kick out of them. I sure would. Ugly hair cuts and out-of-style clothes. Ugh. Anyway, Here you go. My childhood.


This one is of Jacob and I. (The cat's name is Paul) He's so cute! (Not the cat -the little boy) That's my brother. The missionary. The one who never writes. I got an email from him today and all it said was "Write me!!!!" How lovely.


This is me and my little sister Jessica. She's so tiny! And my hair is so ugly! Jess and I have always been really good friends. Shes grown a lot, of course, but she's still the same. Skinny, hipped up girl. Like a weasel. Always full of energy. And man that girl could scream! Haha, I love you Jessica!


And this is probably my favorite picture of my childhood. I love it! It must have been halloween, but I really have no memory of actually taking it. I remember that hat, though. That big purple thing. The cowboy is my big brother Joshua. The ninja is my missionary Jacob. The cute little girl in red (I have no idea what she's dressed up as, but she sure is cute!) is my sister Jordan. The ballerina is Jessica. My family has obviously grown a lot since then, but I do miss the old days... sort of. Well, okay not that much, but they're fun to look at!

5 comments:

Shelly said...

Julia-
That last picture was one I took while I was babysitting you guys forever ago!! You were all bored and so instead of doing whatever we usually did, I had you all dress up (it was probably more to clean, but it took up time!) and so we went out back of the laundry room and took a picture! That's how I remember you guys! Glad I could help! :)

Anna Beal said...

Its so funny to see those pictures because believe it or not...that is exactly how I remember you. You were probably that age the last time I saw you. No, but that is the Julia I remember.

Laura Willis said...

Thank you for sharing the pictures.
I know them now and remember how much younger everyone was when I got here and yet there are so many memories I don't have.
I really enjoy the pictures and the stories.
I love you bunches,
Mom

Julia said...

-Wow Shelly! I had no idea. Like I said, I have no memory of this at all. I guess I remember you taking pictures of us a couple times. That's cool!

-Anna, I'm sorry that that's the Julia you remember. She looks better now. Her hair isn't quite as ugly. :P Has it really been that longs since we've seen each other?

-Mom, No problem sharing, just don't rub it in my face later kay? I love you! :P

Susan said...

Hmmm, that was just YESTERDAY!!! And all of you are still that age...funny how fast time goes by. I love the last picture and I remember seeing it somewhere......probably in Shelly's collection of pictures. What a fun picture!!

So sorry you had to be alone last weekend. We missed you terribly!! Nauvoo was great.......Stephen was especially dissapointed. I love how you two got to be close friends there for a while. That's the cool thing about cousins, who cares what age difference there is!!!