So, I was thinking yesterday, of all the exciting things going on in my life. The more I thought, the more carried away I got! Eventually, I told my-self that I needed to post something on my blog about said exciting things.
...Well, here I am. Posting. Only. I have nothing to post. I lied. My life isn't as exciting as I thought...
Here's the run down of yesterday (the rest of my week is too dull to even bring up). I worked at my fast food job. Got fed up with the "new guy" who wouldn't stop inviting me to hang out (What does he think I am? Dumb or something?). Then I went to the bank to cash my check. Blah. Blah. Blah. I went to the library. Paid a bill. Stressed myself out. Went to my other job. And Oh! I do have something to say!
Yesterday at my other job -wow! There's a story. Well a very boring one...
Everyone hates Self-Checkout. The words Self and Checkout should never be put together. You'd be surprised at how often people don't see or understand the "self" part. I'm standing right there to help, and people just think that I'm there to do the work for them. Not that that's bad, it's just. Annoying. Anyway. I was sent there first and as I was logging in, the system locked me out. "You are not authorized to do anything." The lady of a machine said, in her usual pitch. (She gets so annoying sometimes! I mean, Holly Cow! Even the customers think she's annoying.)
Well, I tried logging in to the checkouts themselves and then the computer next to it. Nothing. Needless to say I started to panic. My first thought was honestly "Have I been fired and no one's told me??" Well, that quickly left after I remembered who the manager was tonight. No. She would have told me right off if I had been fired. Her and I. Well, we more or less butt-heads most of the time. I never know how to take her. Anyhow. I went over to her and told her of my situation. That it wouldn't log me in. I'll never forget the look she gave me. It made me want to spit!
"Did you forget your password?" She asked in the only tone I've ever heard her use.
Ha! Yeah, sure. The password that I've been typing nearly every day, four times a day, for the past three months I just up and forgot. Yeah. That's it. Totally. Pshh. -Don't think I was rude though. I really wasn't. I just turned around and went back to my station, it was obvious that she wasn't going to help me. This I was on my own with. And with four lines of customers, it was not a stress-free thing. I logged into the computer and found that it was asking me just to change my password. It had to be eight words exactly with one additional number. As if that alone wasn't hard enough. Remembering it is going to be harder. Anyway, I realized -much later in the day -that the system does that. It prompts you to change your password ever ninety days. I wish someone had told me that before. ...I guess that's it for the excitement. Not that that was by any means exciting.
I did smash my finger though. Well, I personally didn't smash it, someone else did by accident. It hurt so bad! I was down-stocking the light bulb isle and a girl was helping me. She was on a ladder and I was on the ground putting everything away. Well, above the light bulbs there are shelves. The shelves have big giant sliding sheets in front of them that act as doors/ads. Well, the girl was reaching over me trying to get the thing open and I just leaned up, slipped my finger into a small hole in the corner and slid the door open. As soon as the door got within her reach she yanked it open. My finger was still in the hole... Both doors met, with my finger still between them. Ouch. I did managed to pull away before any permanent damage. It stung like crazy! Thankfully there was more stinging than bleeding. I didn't want her to feel bad about hurting me. I did a fairly good job of lying to her about how much it really hurt. I could suck it up!
...Aren't you bored yet? ...Yeah? Then why are you still reading this? You knew from the beginning that this post was just going to be a waste of time. My life really is dull. Well, for a blog anyway. I rather enjoy it, but still...
Sweet Moments in Primary
6 years ago
1 comment:
Hi, Julia
When your life is full of excitement and plans you will look back on the good old days when you only worked two jobs and went to school. =)
Being a mother of many will be very exciting. If you have time to blog I will really enjoy reading those too.
Love
Mom
Post a Comment