Friday, September 26, 2008

Somnolent.

I. Am. Very. Tired.

I went down to my parents house on Wednesday. I woke up at five in the morning and left just thirty minutes afterward. I had a sort of thing planned and I wanted to get as much sunlight in as possible. I wanted to go around town and take pictures. Now, I probably wouldn't normally wake up quite so early just for the sake of pictures, but for some reason, Wednesday was an exception. I got some really good shots, I'll have to post them later. So, Wednesday was just a lot of driving and then I went to bed late that night -I always do when I go to my parents. Then, I got up at about five again -my sisters have seminary and can't get ready without turning all the lights on -ugh.

-And then Thursday. That was what tuckered me out the most. I had my orthodontics appointment in Arkansas. Long drive. And then I had lunch with my parents, then had lunch again at my Grandparents house with some of my cousins. It was there were I fell into a fifteen minute power nap that seemed to have to opposite effect. It made me even more tired! After that I went back to my parents', spent the evening in town and didn't get back until about ten o'clock. Thrity mintues later I left, took the two and a half hour drive -which actually turned into a full three, I'll explain in a sec. And then finally got home at about one in the morning. I finally went to bed around two and then had to wake up to go to work at eight. ...I am so tired.

On the drive home, from my parents last night I got lost. Well, not so much lost... Well. it was very dark. I was listening to my radio and let my thoughts wonder. When I finally came-to I realized that nothing looked familiar anymore. I took the next exit and turned back around to find my "missed" turn. Well, I realized later that I hadn't actually missed it and that it must have been just past where I was before. So I turned around and tried again. I'm not sure why. I was really tired. My brain started sputtering and I thought that I had gone too far. So, I took the same exit -the one I had taken in the first place -and then turned around again. It was then that I decided to remove all doubt and just continue down this road until I came to the exit where I had first left from. I was so frustrated! I had wasted so much time and gas! I finally turned around, for the last time, and drove until I found the exit. (It was only ten minutes from the exit I had first turned around on. If I had just kept going...)

And then this morning. I had work at my fast food job and I drove in early to get a good start on getting the store ready. Well, as I pulled into the parking lot I had to ask myself why there were no cars. Usually when I get here the lot is full! What was going on? I stopped the car and before I had a chance to put the car in park I realized something. I was in the wrong place. The wrong job entirely. I was at my retail job and not my fast-food one. Oops. It was bound to happen sooner or later. Lucky for me they were only two lots away from each other. No harm done.

Work wasn't too good though. My body just went through all the usual motions while my brain sat idle. I kept dropping things. I hardly spoke to anyone, afraid that I would say something really stupid. And I kept forgetting what I was doing. I had to stand there and think really hard. But it wasn't too bad, I guess. If you think about it. I hope that I have better luck with my next job today.

2 comments:

Hannah Maree said...

Oh, poor Julia! You can't drive when you're that tired, it isn't safe! At least if you do, don't admit it where your parents can see/hear. I don't mean to sound critical....I really feel for you. (Hence the beginning of "poor Julia!") Good luck on the rest of the week!

Laura Willis said...

I am sorry you "got lost" and that you were so tired I hope the pictures and all the fun you had make it worth it to you once you recuperate from the trip.
Hannah is right you shouldn't drive when you are so tired. Next time plan more time at home. =)
We love you and enjoyed your visit very much.
Love,
mom