Guess what?? I'm in Arizona! Well, go figure. The title kind of already gave it away. Anyway. I'm in Arizona because of my cousin. She got married a while back and is having her second reception here. There are actually a few more reasons, but I'll just stick with that one for now. I'm too tired to write anything more. We'll be down here in AZ for four days. We leave on Monday. I had work on...let's see, what day was that? I don't even know what day today is. I got all mixed up with the time and everything. ...Oh! Today is Thursday. So, Tuesday, I guess it was. I had work late that night. I was scheduled until eleven that evening and then I would have to drive the two hours to get to my aunt's house (we were leaving from there in her suburban; we as in her, my dad, my grandma, my other aunt, my cousin, and my cousin's two kids. Well, as I think you can imagine, I was not looking forward to the long tiring drive ahead of me. But after explaining my situation to one of my coworkers -not looking for any solution, I was only just complaining -she mentioned that I should just ask to get off early. We had more than enough people working that night -way more than we usually have -and she said it shouldn't be a problem. So, I asked. And I got off early. Just after nine. I was thrilled!
Anyway. Seeing the mountains was fun. It's been eight years since I've seen mountains. I took a lot of pictures of those. Hmm. What all did we do today? I sort of have both days mixed up. But I guess they aren't hard to decipher from, seeing as we drove all day Wednesday and didn't on Thursday. The first thing we did was drive around town and saw the "sights". My dad spent a good portion of his childhood here
and he and my grandma were anxious to see what was left of their past. After that we were in and out a lot. We just got back from walking the temple grounds. The Mesa Temple sure is pretty. After that we went and had ice cream at a Dairy Queen that was around when my dad was just a kid. That was fun.Oh that reminds me! Since we would be down in Arizona, my family figured it would be a fun thing to pack my brother Jacob a care-package. Anyway, we drove down to his house -it's really only like fifteen or so minutes from where my cousins live -and we dropped it off. I was glad he wasn't there. I don't know what I would have done. He's living in the outskirts of the town. It looks nothing like the rest of the town. His yard is pretty much pure cactus' and you can't take a step without having dust fly up everywhere. (It was a hundred degrees today!) Well, we took a few pictures of the house and of me and my dad standing in front of the door. My dad thought it would be funny to send it to him. I think it's a bit cruel. Poor Jacob.
3 comments:
You are so weird. I am glad that you are enjoying AZ and the heat! (And, yes, I agree, poor Jacob!) Oh, do you have any idea why Laura's cell phone called her on Wednesday morning....?? We were at work, but it was on the caller ID....just curious.
Have fun!
lol I love how in the first paragraph you say you're too tired to write more and then go on to write 36 more paragraphs. :P Anyway, you totally rock and I'm glad we got to visit!!! I had so much fun!!!!
That all sounds like a lot of fun. Don't worry too much about Jacob he is a good sport and he would have done it to you guys in a heart beat.
Post a Comment