Okay, so I didn't exactly plan on blogging about my birthday, but I figured that this one was pretty momentous. This happened on Monday the 6th. Totally NOT on my birthday, but oh well. We had pizza (due to all of those clean clean-checks that we passed. Ya, Us!) and it was dedicated to me and then my roommates made me open presents!Sure this sounds like a typical college birthday (no balloons, no cake -but then it wasn't my birthday yet, so. I had time. Moving on-) but here's the momentous part! I got a purse, a diffuser for my hair-dryer, (Wait! It gets better!) blush (still more!), mascara (!), and eye shadow (!!!!). I have make-up! For the first time! In Nineteen years!
Moving on, today -it being my birthday (and I guess I chose right to blog late at night as you're probably not reading this the same day that I posted, but) I had a really good day! It started when I DIDN'T go to work (I asked a co-worker to cover for me), and then I went to classes (found out that my English has the same birthday!). I pretty much spent the whole day answering my phone and studying for my English Final.
I set aside an hour of my time to take a nap (I hear its better if you nap just before a test) and then I curled up in a ball on the couch and fell asleep. I dreamed. For some reason I always dream when I'm on the couch. And then I woke up without my alarm. When this happens (especially when I dream), I typically think that my body is ready to wake up. So I was like 'oh cool, I'll just get up and start studying' and then I checked my clock and guess what? ...It was fifteen minutes later. Erg. I changed my mind right then -'forget it!' -and tried to go back to sleep, but couldn't because I got a phone call from my sister. But that was okay, I just stayed awake afterward and studied some more.
And then dun Dun DUN! I went and took my test! It was the first time this semester that I actually got an A on an exam -and on a Final no less! And, to top that, it was in the 60s today! 60s! In Rexburg! ...It was a good day today....I can't think of anything else to say. Oh. I lied. My roommates surprised me with a humungo birthday cake with ice cream inside! (to "fill my need for ice cream") I got to blow out candles and all that and we had a few friends over. It was fun! They sang and everything!
...Okay, NOW I don't have anything else to say. I guess I could just blab on like I've been doing all day. For some reason I'm in a very talkative mood. For instance, I could tell you that when I grow up and get a house of my own I HAVE to get little pillows for my couches. I LOVE them! Little fluffy ones. Tan, green, and brown. Or I could tell you that I've seen more murder mystery TV-shows this semester than ever (I have roommate who is a fan of Law and Order and all that). Or I could add that I plan on investing in a bike so that I'll have a way to get to and from work. I might also add that I have no idea what I'd do with the bike after the semester is over...maybe I could just store it with all of my other stuff. Anyway. But I won't bore you with all of my random talkativeness. I guess the point I'm trying to make is, on average a college student will spend more than 30 hours a week on the internet!
4 comments:
haha happy birthday! Makeup is expensive, arent you glad you didn't have to buy it! I'm glad you got a cake. A birthday isn't a birthday without cake. (I always do Ice cream cake cause Ice cream is the best). I'm glad it was a good day!
You should make a commercial about "power naps" before college finals! Awesome story, Julia....congratulations and HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY! It looks like Stephen and Matthew crashed your party.........what's with the ties?
The ties are from Stephen and Matthew's dance final. They had to dress up. And from what I hear "it was a waste of three dollars." But anyway. I liked having them over! :)
JULIA!!! you make me laugh so hard.
Post a Comment