Saturday, November 14, 2009

My Rights as a Latter-day Young Adult.

Well, I'm nineteen and a half years old, I've held a total of four callings (thus far), I've completed four semesters of school (thus far), and I do (regardless of what my family says), feel as if I've matured over the years. Now, I find myself facing a somewhat small, yet important dilemma. I already know how some of you feel (you know who you are, *wink*) and I already know how I am going to deal with this matter. I would, however, like your opinion.

My dilemma is as follows: Do I call the sisters by their first name or by their last name? At my age and with my background I feel as if I deserve to be able to call the sisters by their first names. Yet, I am still very young, it is true, and I have been raised with these sisters as my teachers and Young Woman leaders. It might be a little strange to be calling them by their first names.

Well, I guess that's about it. What do you think?

4 comments:

The Crisps said...

lol u r funny. it depends on how well u know them. i still call everyone sister until i get to know them as a friend a little bit. then it goes to first name. ;)

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

I had a teacher in high school that told us the moment we walk out the doors on our last day of high school, we had to start calling her by her first name.

I do agree that you should start with those you know. I dont call everyone by there first name even now. Thats partly because I cant remember everyones first name. But I do think it's time to ease into it just a little. Good luck!

Sheri said...

If it's someone significantly older than me, she will probably always be "sister So and So". People my age are always called by first names. :)

Mary Beth said...

It depends who you are talking about. The ones that are closer to your age it doesn't seem wrong. But it really bugs me when you call my mom by her first name.