Thursday, January 13, 2011

Poetry.

So, I'm taking a poetry class this semester. And at first I was SUPER worried that it was going to be really hard, but I was wrong. It's actually not that bad. We read a ton of poetry, evaluate it, and then write poetry of our own. We have a poem due every week. And that makes roughly fourteen poems. Not too bad. So if you see random poems posted, that's just because those are ones that I REALLY like. Or one's that I've written. (And if that's the case feel free to critique them!) So anyway, here's my first poem. And it's suppose to be about poetry.

POETRY

My sister plays piano
My brother reads his books
And my father works and works
But I,
I write the words I cannot say.

In music there is voice
To all things left unspoken
The keys play on my heartstrings
And I,
I write the words I cannot say.

In books there is a life
That can be lived by any reader
Worlds of people and emotion wait
When I,
I write the words I cannot say.

In work there is a chance
To forget the stress of every day
And leave this ashen world behind
But I cannot forget
And so,
I write the words I cannot say.

3 comments:

Shelly said...

I love it julia!! Every time I've tried to write poetry I think everything has to rhyme!

The Stokes said...

Julia you are amazing!

Jessica Eileen Willis said...

I agree, that was totally amazing, Julia!!! :)