Today marks a very monumental day for me. Today is the eleventh time in my life that I've donated blood. (Hooray!) I literally drank liter after liter after liter of water ALL day today and (almost) ALL day yesterday. And, let me tell ya, the number of bathroom breaks that I've taken has gone WAY up! I went JUST before leaving to go donate. JUST before I checked in and I had to ask the guy in the middle of getting my paperwork filled out if I could go AGAIN! It was insane! And then, of course, I had to go RIGHT when I got home. Sheesh. Is this how you pregnant women felt?? Goodness, I feel like I practically LIVE in the bathroom!
And (not that this is going to make any sense to you, but) my hemoglobin was a little over 14. My Blood Flow was 8 out of 9 (which is SUPER good, especially for me!). Total time in the chair ...dun, dun, DUN a grand total of fifteen minutes. (AHH!) I was SO excited! I didn't feel light headed at all and except for the expected discomfort of a whole pint of blood draining out of your body and having to have your heart pump tons of extra blood, I felt great! I ate some pizza afterword, drank tons MORE water, flirted with like three guys at once (..okay, it wasn't REALLY flirting, it was more like just asking lots of questions. But, hey, when you're single what's the difference?) And the walk home was good too, I just really have to pee now... If you'll excuse me...
Sweet Moments in Primary
6 years ago
2 comments:
HAHAHA! Oh my goodness, Julia, I'm so excited to see you again!!! Oh gosh, you crack me up - especially the "flirting" with 3 guys at once, hahaha. And the pregnancy thing, haha, oh man. :)
yeah...that is a LOT of water. good job on being a blood squirter though. And with the multitasking of flirting with guys...You've got it made!
Post a Comment