First I'll start with the basic facts:

Twilight made 70.6 million dollars in the box offices in its opening week. That's good! Of course, its not as good as Titanic's USA Box office of over $600 million...However, that 70 million did make Twilight the biggest opening ever for a female director. So that's pretty cool. Congrats Catherine Hardwicke. The debut also put the independent film studio Summit Entertainment on the map. Cool. Cool. Summit Entertainment announced over the weekend that the studio is officially moving forward with production of "New Moon", the second installment in Meyer's modern day vampire series... I wonder if Stephenie will be in that one too. -For those of you have been poor unfortunate souls and have not yet seen Twilight, just as a heads up, Stephenie Meyer is totally in it! Keep an eye out. Though she's not exactly hard to miss, they give like five whole minutes of just her! -Anyway, New Moon is rumored to come out in December of 09.
My Copacetic Opinion:
It was wonderful! Duh! Why else would I see it twice? I loved how they depicted the vampires, it was very good. It had just the right amount of humor. One of my favorite parts is when Bella and Edward are having this totally serious conversation and Bella just sorta trips everywhere. It was hilarious. Oh and I loved Bella's Lullaby! And Edward's personality. Two thumbs up on the whole!
My Critical Opinion:
Where do I start? The speediness was cheesy -but how could you not be? The vampires, aside from Alice -who was the only one who seemed to have just walked straight from the book and onto the big screen, looked nothing like I imagined -but then, nobody is as good looking as the Cullens are in real life. -They skipped a few scenes that I really liked. You can totally tell when anyone is wearing contacts. And then Summit Entertainment wasn't especially high in their budget so there are a few scenes that could have used some work. ...Hmmm... what else? ...I can't think of anything at the moment.
Eh-hem. As you can clearly see, my nice opinion was a bit shorter than my not-so-nice one. Don't let this discourage you! It's only like that because I didn't want to give out too many spoilers. I wouldn't be surprised to find myself watching it a third time!
1 comment:
We should totally go and see Twilight for a THIRD time when you come down for Christmas!!
It would be so much fun!!
Post a Comment