Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Caledonia.

One year ago today, I drove with my dad through an unfamiliar town -one that is now as familiar to me as the walls of my former home. But that is what this place is, my other home.

It's hard to believe that it has been a year. That I've been gone for so long. It sure doesn't feel like it's been that long. As much as I've enjoyed being here, of meeting all these people, of making new friends, of getting to spend time with my amazing cousins; I find that I am ready to go.

I'm ready to take the next steps in my life. I'm ready to go back to school again. I'm ready to be independent, completely this time. I don't know what next year will bring, but I do know that whatever happens I'll sure try my best.

There's been a song that I can't seem to get out of my head. It's about a place called Caledonia, a Latin name given to a northern area of the island of Great Britain. I guess it just reminds me of homes. Plus I like the group who sings it.

1 comment:

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

Well good luck when you decide to venture out on your own. It's no picnic...but it's nice to be independent.