Friday, February 20, 2009

Snowmobiling.

I went to a party last night at my boss' house with a lot of my coworkers. It was way fun! We went snowmobiling (my boss drives like a maniac!), which was SUPER cold and super thrilling. We also had pizza and played with my boss' children. He has three boys and one daughter. And can you believe it! I lost an arm wrestling match to an eleven year old AND a ten year old! I'm a wimp!

After pizza and games we went back outside and drove the snowmobile again. I got to drive it myself this time. It was so much fun! And so incredibly cold. I got a brain freeze both time I rode it! But the thing about snowmobiles is that you have to lean when you're trying to turn. And I discovered very quickly that my leaning really didn't do much. I'm not the thinnest person, but you at least need some weight to get that thing to turn and I didn't really have much to offer. I practically had my shoulder blade on the ground trying to get the thing to go where I wanted.

After that we went back inside and thawed -it was so cold! And then, once we were all warmed up I introduced YouTube to my boss' computer. He hadn't even heard of it until a few days earlier when we showed it to him on his computer at work. Can you believe it? His kids caught on super fast and we spent the next hour watching all sorts of funny videos. It's amazing how time flies when you're on YouTube. After that (there was only three of us left at that point, everyone else had gone home after the pizza) we drove home. I actually had them pull over by a school so that I could get a picture of this amazing snow statue, that I guess the students made, of Abraham Lincoln. It looks just like him! I HAD to get picture!

So yeah, I got to go snowmobiling for the first time and it was amazing! And I guess that's about it.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Fun stuff, Julia....way to show your upper body strength!!

Hey, go to Claybrooks blog for a tag or two I got you on.......