Oh the joy of $3 movies and crazy roommates!We went and watched Valkyrie the other night. I would have rather stayed at home and finished my homework, but the need to get out of the house won over in the end.
Valkyrie was good. I was never really educated in the area of the war in Germany or of Hitler. So, this movie was all new to me. I felt so dumb as my roommates all conversed about how things ended and about the world during this time. I guess now I know what to study on in my spare time, not that I have any.
Valkyrie was directed by Bryan Singer -the same man who directed X-Men and Superman Returns -and it is rated PG-13. They said the-mother-cuss-word once. Ugh. And then of course, there was a few blowing-up scenes and a few deaths. Well, actually, there were a lot of deaths. Especially at the end. It is a story of how Colonel von Stauffenberg (aka Tom Cruise) carries out Operation Valkyrie in attempt to assassinate Adolf Hitler (aka The Führer).
If you're one of those types that likes history war movies or Tom Cruise then I'd recommend it. If you're one of those "I'm a Die-Hard Chick-Flick Fan" then do yourself a favor and don't watch it. It was no Bride Wars, but it was good.
No comments:
Post a Comment