I'm really in the mood to blog! Mostly it's because of a movie I just watched. "Julie and Julia." I watched it with my sister in an expensive theater and in a town where traffic is totally crazy! Anyway. "Julie and Julia" is directed by Nora Ephron, who also directed my favorite "You've got Mail" and "Sleepless in Seattle." The stars of the movie are "Mama Mia"'s Meryl Streep, "The Devil Wears Prada"'s Stanley Tucci, and "Enchanted"'s Amy Adams! (It was so hard watching the movie without imagining her with a big puffy dress and I expected her in nearly every scene to just suddenly break out into song. But she didn't. Oh well.) The movie is rated PG-13 for brief STRONG language (they completely, unnecessarily dropped the f-bomb once -it made me so mad!) and some sensuality (it's about two married couples, so yeah, sensuality). "Julie and Julia" is a movie based on two true stories. One story is about how Julia Child becomes a famous cook and the other story is about how one woman blogged her way through all 524 recipes of Julia Child's in only 365 days. Throughout the entire movie Julie is blogging and it made me anxious to blog again. My blog certainly isn't as entertaining as Julie's is but I have just as much fun with it. Maybe if I set a goal like hers ...ha. Never mind.
Other than the STRONG language and sensuality -all the bad stuff -it was a really good movie. There was also a piece in Julie's story that I didn't like, but I guess that's something that's just part of life. I won't say what it was, I don't want to spoil anything, but anyway. I'd say overall I'd give it a... hmm... a C+. I liked it, but I'd have liked it better if it was PG. Oh! I got to ride on a motorcycle today! I didn't drive it, but I was on it going 60 mph! How cool is that!?
1 comment:
Sounds like a fun day with your sister.
Post a Comment