I believe that raisins are one of the strangest foods in existence. My reasons are simple enough and I'll gladly tell you what they are. One of the first things I notice about a raisin is how ugly it is, not at all attractive to eat. Second, if I'm brave enough to put one in my mouth, I find I am experiencing a most disgusting taste. My final reason is that if I continue eating raisins I realize that they are not filling.
I suppose it all depends on what you think of as alluring, but for me, I can not see how a raisin could be anything but ugly. Their dried insides, covered with a shriveled coat remind me only of old age. To me, raisins seem to suffer greatly from their variety of color. A raisins color is usually dark and morbid; however, there are the occasional yellows and reds. These gloomy colors tend to drive my interest away to something much less blatant, say M&M's for example. M&M's hold a wide variety in color choices, far beyond that of a raisin. Not that being green will make the thing easier to eat.
At least once a year I find myself chewing hopelessly on a raisin, while holding back tears as the most repulsive taste fills my mouth. After much research I have come to the conclusion that a raisin can be one of several things; good, disgusting, or tolerable. As I have stated, I believe that the raisin is purely disgusting. Perhaps it's the leathery feel in my mouth that causes me to feel this way. Then the idea of not having any delicious juice inside to wash it down only backs the disgust further. Unlike the orange that is filled with a savory juice, the raisin sits empty and dry.
When I eat a raisin the last dislike I discover is how unfilling it is. (Is that even a word? Oh well, just pretend that it is.) I have always had the opinion that a raisin makes for a poor snack when hunger comes to call. A grape, to me, looks like something to be eaten, whereas a raisin... well, there's nothing really there. It's too small. When I'm hungry I want to stuff myself just past satisfaction to rid myself of it's murderous growl, but a raisin?? What can that satisfy?
At this point I hope I've made quite clear my opinion of raisins. On my scale of beauty, raisins fall short of everything else. Concerning tastes, I admit I find raisins to be among the most disgusting. Then finally, I believe that raisins, no matter how many you eat, will never fill you up. In my opinion the raisins is the most unusual food discovered by man. Yuck!
Sweet Moments in Primary
6 years ago
4 comments:
Hahaha, you are so silly Julia. :) When am I gonna see you again?
Umm, I don't know. I start work on Wednesday and hopefully I'll get my schedule then.
Cool cool! I think we should sometime soon-ish before rehearsal start for the play...let me know when you get your schedule! :D
I love raisins. I love to put them in my oatmeal to sweeten it.
Post a Comment