I watched the movie "Once Upon A Mattress" yesterday. It's one of my favorites. (How I usually decide what movie to watch is whatever song I wake up with in my head. Random, but anyway). As I was watching the movie I was reminded of a college experience...
"Once Upon A Mattress" is about a princess having to sleep under a pea, or not sleep, whichever. A single pea, in fact the smallest pea in the kingdom, underneath twenty downy mattresses. It was to test the princesses 'sensitivity'.
Last semester, when all the classes were over and everyone was packing up to leave my roommate and I moved my mattress (it's a new and very nice one) onto the opposite bed. As we moved it, we discovered something. There was a shoe, a high-heeled shoe, in fact, that I had apparently slept on all four months of the semester. Come to find out that my first semester of being in that apartment, my roommates had played a trick on one of the girls and hid a lot of her things. They put the shoe under her mattress which later became my mattress.
I guess one thing is for sure: I'm no princess. ;)
Sweet Moments in Primary
6 years ago
5 comments:
LOL that was a funny post. Both that Your room mate had her things hidden, and that you slept on a shoe for an entire semester. ha ha ha funny funny stuff, don't you just love collage!
wow! I guess it just goes to show if you have enough padding you can get through anything.
HAHAHAHA! That's so funny that you didn't even know!!! Thanks for sharing the story, it was very much enjoyed. :)
(Oh, and I think you meant she had to sleep with a pea under her, not sleep under a pea...) ;)
I played "The Nightingale" in High school when we did "Once Upon A Mattress". It was cool, everyone called me "nightingale" for the rest of the year.
wow Julia, it is a good thing that we are not required to take tests on sensitivity for marriage. :)
jk, i love you...the mattress was probably just crazy stuffed! lol
Post a Comment