I had the wonderful privilege today of meeting Henry J. Eyring. Henry just recently wrote a book about his grandpa called "Mormon Scientist". Well, for my science class my teacher has had us read excerpts from this book and today at school, Henry Eyring gave a speech at a University Forum and my science teacher really really wanted us to go. So I went. It was actually very cool. He talked a lot about his grandfather and about how he was prompted to write this book. It was held in the Taylor Chapel, which is actually a lot bigger than it looks from the outside, especially when every seat has a student in it. The place was packed! I'm not one for science, but being there at the forum somehow made me want to go out and buy the book. Anyhow, I guess I figured it was something cool to write down. I met the son of President Henry B. Eyring! I even got to shake his hand! And I would have totally gotten his signature if I'd had the book! ...It's really not that amazing if you think about it. Henry J. Eyring works on campus. He teaches some kind of Discipleship class, I'm not sure what its called. But regardless, I thought it was something worth making a note of. Oh and here's another piece of good news: the snow is finally starting to melt!
Sweet Moments in Primary
6 years ago
2 comments:
Snow melting is good?
That is way cool, not the snow part! Even though the snow is.
That is really cool. That is the kind of BYU experience you will be able to tell your children and grandchildren.
That is awesome.
Post a Comment