Wednesday, January 7, 2009

"Temple of Learning"

I really shouldn't be posting... I really should be sleeping...

I got an on-campus job working with early morning custodial which starts at four in the morning and goes until seven. So three hours. I started this morning and it's not by any means a hard job, its just...exhausting, having to get up so stinkin early. And then my classes never go past twelve-thirty, so that's good.

I am most fortunate to have really cool roommates. Though being girls, we all brought tons of kitchen stuff. So there's like tons of pans, tons of mugs, and TONS of silverware. And the cool thing is, is that none of my roommates care if anyone uses their dishes. So everything (for the most part, when it comes to dishes and such) is fair game. And as for the food, all of our food cupboards and the whole fridge is STUFFED!

My roommates are all very nice, very talkative, and they're always wanting to go out together and do something fun. Hmm. What else... I'm in the eighteenth out of like ninety-two wards (which includes the married ones...). I started classes today. And two of my classes happen to be on the total opposite side of campus, which isn't fun at all, especially when you've really no idea where you're going. My classes here are HUMONGOUS compared to the size at the community college I attended last year. And of course, it's freezing up here. The second night I stayed here it was negative thirteen degrees outside! Oh and I can't wait to go to the temple! Hopefully I'll get to go this weekend, but who knows. I may be like dead tired this whole semester and never get around to it -but I am determined to never let that happen!

Speaking on the lines of the temple, classes were amazing! My science class was the first today and the Spirit was so strong! We pray before every class and in my Religion class we sing hymns and give short devotionals as well. It is so cool! Even to look out the window and to see the temple standing right there is just amazing. One of the things that also got to me was that my roommates are such good examples. They're always praying before they eat and I always see my room-roommate reading her scriptures and everything before bed. It's awesome! My Science professor today described BYU-Idaho as a Temple of Learning. I thought it was neat. Anyway, I've got a ton more to say, it's just, I really should be going to bed...

2 comments:

Susan said...

I am SOOO happy that you are liking Rexburg so far. I really hope that you can get close to your room mates and form a lasting bond. Just remember that everyone is so very different and allow for those differences. Isn't it wonderful to be within sight of the temple?!! Just keep busy with roomies and friends and family, which you have plenty of there and you will enjoy it. It may take a couple of months to really feel like you honestly like it up there, but I hope you don't take that long! Love you, Julia!!

Laura Willis said...

Wow, that is so exciting.
I am very happy for you.
I love you,
Mom