Friday, May 29, 2009

Monsters VS. Aliens

What do you get when you add the director of "Shark Tale", Rob Letterman, and the director of "Shrek 2", Conrad Vernon? Answer: A hilarious tale stuffed with ridiculous aliens and clueless monsters. Monsters VS. Aliens stars the voices of Reese Witherspoon, Seth Rogen, Hugh Laurie, and Will Arnett. The movie is rated PG.

Monsters VS. Aliens is about a young bride named Susan Murphy who gets squashed by a meteorite and then turned into a giant monster. Just as with Gulliver in "Gulliver's Travels" (which by the way, is coming out as a new movie in June, 2010 directed by our own Rob Letterman) Susan is tied down and taken captive. She ends up in a secret government compound where she meets a ragtag group of monsters also rounded up over the years. As a last resort, under the guidance of General W.R. Monger, on a desperate order from The President, the motley crew of Monsters is called into action to combat the aliens and save the world from imminent destruction!

I went with one of my former roommates Tuesday night to the cheap theaters. The movie was hilarious! I was laughing through the entire thing. It surprised me though how much fun the movie was making of our government, our president, and with how things are run in the United States. But, like I said, it was hilarious. With rating I'd give the movie a B- and I guarantee that you will laugh your head off, or at least a whole lot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha I loved this movie but not many people have seen it. Every time I try and quote it no one knows what I'm talking about. "I think I should have a chance with Derek." That alien was my favorite. I also like the part when he president wants his coffee and he goes to press the button and he goes to the wrong one, "Who even invented this?"
"Sir you did."
"Oh"
Or the part when he goes to greet the big bad alien, lol it makes me laugh just thinking about it. Thats the best part of the whole movie.

Nancyann said...

Man, I want to see it so bad, but it's not in ANY theaters in Springfield right now!! :( Hopefully it will come to the cheap theater, or at least be out on DVD soon! It sounds good!