Saturday, May 9, 2009

My Favorite Class.

I remember when I first added the class. It was almost midnight and I had to get up just couple hours later for work. I REALLY wanted this class. But I had to wait. My registration time wasn't for another ten minutes and there were only two seats left for the class. I was determined to get this class. Like I said, I REALLY wanted it. Well, as you can guess -I got the class (why else would I be writing this post?).

The class is called Preparation for Eternal Marriage. (And just in case some of you reading this may want to attend school at BYU-Idaho -my teacher's name is Boyd Baggett. I highly recommend him too.) I LOVE this class. I LIVE for this class.

-Now, do not think that I am just some silly college girl overly excited about getting married. That is not the reason I love this class (or else, not the only reason). The reason I love and live for this class is for the simple fact that there is a book -a manual, eleven inches long and almost eight and a half inches wide. The book is just that a Student Manual titled "Eternal Marriage". With this manual, the scriptures, and the workings of the Holy Ghost in every single classroom setting I am enriched with the teachings of the Lord's Plan of Happiness. In studying eternal marriage I have found that with it comes all other principles of the Gospel. I will not go into how this is so, as it is that many of you already understand this principle.

For those of you who are unmarried, and even those who are, I recommend having this Manual in your homes and in your constant personal study. If you do not have it, I say: Get it! It was the cheapest thing I bought for school this semester -but that really isn't saying much as I spent well over $500 for books. The manual was about seven or eight dollars and it is worth much more than that.

If you are young and are crossing that threshold into dating and growing up; if you are married with children on their way through High School; if you desire more for your marriage and more for your testimony; even if you are the happiest person on earth -to all of these I give you my recommendation. (For those who already posses this wonderful book: Kudos!)

So, anyway. All I mean to say is that I love this class. Yup. I sure do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow I really want that book now, you make it sound so great!! I think that will be one of the first things I get when I get a job. I love you, Julia. Keep Writing!!!!! :)