I had one of those NNNOOO! moments today. It was not at all fun.
I went in today to the admissions office and spoke with someone important about applying for my Associates Degree. She went down the list of my required classes and assured me that I had taken or was enrolled in all of the necessary classes. ...And then she stopped. "Oh, it looks like you have an English course that you still need to take." ..And that's when the long drawn out NO! comes in. My stomach sank. Registration ended a few days ago and there was nothing I could do but wait until July rolled around so that I might be able to finish off those three measly credits.
As I sat there, utterly bummed, I tried to reason out why in the world I could have possibly overlooked that one class. And then it struck me. "I think," I said, giving my thoughts a voice, hoping that somehow that alone would fix everything, "I overlooked that class because I had taken one similar to it before I transferred."
The important lady looked into it. I watched closely, my fingers mentally crossed, as she reviewed my transcript. "Oh," she finally said, "You took a 101 class there, which transferred as our 111 class, which is now equivalent to our 101 class here. It looks like you're in luck. All of the requirements are met!"
I leapt off the chair and hollered. Uh, mentally of course, I wouldn't really have done that in real life. I was so relieved! I raced downstairs and turned in my application. If all goes well (meaning that I pass all of my classes) I'll be getting my Associates Degree in the mail after April. And, even though I didn't really do anything, I feel as if I've actually accomplished something today.
Sweet Moments in Primary
6 years ago
2 comments:
aw man talk about scary! And I would have totally crossed my fingers...instead of just mentally. Not to mention I would have done a happy dance when she did finally say everything was good.
You've accomplished tons, all those class!
I hate those No moments.
Post a Comment