Monday, March 29, 2010

I'm Hired, Again!

Not too long ago my Creative Writing professor mentioned that he would be accepting applications for his T.A. position. I was immediately interested in the job and voiced my excitement in a previous class. Out of fun I'm sure, one of my classmates joked that I shouldn't hog all the on-campus jobs. Since I already had one it would be nice if I left the others alone for someone else. So after that I just sort of brushed off the idea of becoming a Teacher's Assistant and went about my merry way.

A few days later I got an email from my professor asking if I was going to apply for the job. I immediately changed my mind and wrote out a resumé (thank goodness we were constructing resumés in my other English class seeing as I've never had the need for one before). After that I turned it in and later met with my professor.

"Interview is too strong a word," my professor said on the matter, "it's more like a visit."

Interview or not, I just got an email from my professor telling me that I was hired. I'll start next semester and go until the end of July. As far as I know, I'll still be able to have my early morning job as well, I just can't go over twenty hours a week. I'll have to ask my boss about that one. Anyway. I'm super excited!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

that is SO cool! Sounds like a way fun job!

Nancyann said...

Congratulations! If you CAN keep both jobs than hooray for more money, and if not, hooray for an extremely more enjoyable and less tiring one!!! :D