Beep!
I opened my eyes to my sunlit room, still very tired. I wasn't use to getting up this early...but I had to turn off my alarm. And fast!
Beep!
I turned my head to the bedside table on my left and saw the small light of my cell phone. I made to move my arm, to grab the annoying device, but nothing happened. I made to move the other arm, but to no avail. Something was wrong. Where were my arms? I alerted my brain of this horrifying discovery and sent it on a quest to find my arms! A ripple of feeling surged through my body. I could feel my legs, my torso, my shoulders, my head ...but still, no arms.
Beep!
I started panicking and threw my eyes across the room trying to find my missing limbs. My eyes bounced along the walls and landed unsuccessfully back in their sockets. Where were my arms? I alerted my brain once more to continue the search...but then, just before the second ripple, I felt something. On my head I could feel my fingers nestled in my thick hair. My fingers! My arms!
BEEP!
I had found my arms, but I couldn't feel them. The blood must have drained from them and now the feeling was completely gone. -But I never sleep with my hands over my head! How silly! -But I had to turn off my alarm! So, with all the strength I could muster, I pulled my arm across the bed to the small night stand and grabbed the phone. It was strange. I could see that I was holding the phone, that it was cradled in the palm of my hand, but I couldn't feel it. My arms were numb. I turned off my alarm and sat up straight dangling my useless limbs at my side trying to circulate the blood again. ....It was a strange morning.
Anyway, I had to turn off my alarm quickly because my cousins were sleeping in the media room -the one just outside my door. I didn't want to wake them. Who wants to be woken up fifteen minutes before six? I mean, seriously. Not me. But, of course, I had work. Bleh.
My cousins were in the media room because they were going to pain their room! They've wanted to paint it for like ever, but only just recently figured out a color. Two colors. They're going to paint the ceiling a tan-ish color and the walls a chocolate brown. I'll be good!
Sweet Moments in Primary
6 years ago
1 comment:
haha thanks for the uplift. I laughed through your entire post. I needed a good laugh like that. This is a LONG week for me.
Post a Comment