During the whole six months that I've had a straightener I have never once burned myself. My sister has a couple of times -got me right on the ear, but other than that I've been very lucky. Today, however, I was very un-lucky. (Obviously I was unlucky, why else would I be blogging about it?)
I had been pulling back my hair, swinging it all over my shoulder so that I could reach the back, and grabbed a chunk of it and clamped the straightener on top of it ...only ...I missed. Instead of getting my hair I got my thumb. I swear, of all the fingers -of all five fingers, the thumb is the one that gets all the pain. It's always the one that gets slammed in the door or squished by the window or cut by the knife or whatever. But anyway, it's all red right now and it feels as if it's still got the hot metal on it. I managed to burn half of my finger-print off. So, instead of feeling the small grooves of my unique finger -it's all smooth and very red. Ouch. But hey! I got good news! My arm isn't bruised at all from giving blood! ...actually, surprisingly, I feel a little jipped. I was kind of looking forward to a battle scar, something to show for all the pain I went through. Oh well. At least I know I can count on not getting a bruise whenever I give blood again...
Sweet Moments in Primary
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment