Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sheldon

I was thinking a while ago about what I should name my car. I always thought it would be cool to name a car, don't you think? Well, now that I finally have one, and it's been nearly six months or so I thought it was high time I gave it a name. Well, I thoght of lots of different names for my twelve year old, burgandy, rag-topped car, but none of them stuck. This car was one of a kind. It need a name that fit! And then it hit me: SHELDON!

Sheldon is a small town off of highway 71. It has a populaton of slightly over 529 people. It was where I first got my car. Seth and Melinda drove me (aren't they the best!) down halfway to meet up with my Dad and older brother to exchange the car. We pulled into a small parkinglot that had only one light post. Overhead there was a sign, nearly burnt out, that read FOOD. Next to us was a run down building (either that or it was just closed for the night, but with the quality of the building it was hard to tell.) Anyway, we waited in the car for my Dad to arrive and when he finally did I was practically frozen stiff! It was so cold outside, well, I mean of course we waited in the warm car, but still. Anyway, I won't go through the story again because I think I already posted it a long time ago. Mid January maybe. I don't know. I just wanted to tell you the history of the name Sheldon.

I like that name for my car. It fits. (Haha, now it's a Grandpa Car!) Anyway, I just thought that would be something fun to blog about. Nothing big.

2 comments:

Nancyann said...

I agree, naming cars is fun, and Sheldon is the perfect name for yours. :)

Garry the Jeweler said...

yo