Okay. Happy Fourth! So, I spend my fourth at work. Long day. Woop-ee. It wasn't too busy. I caught on to cashiering relatively fast, I only needed help with the big trick-things. After work, instead of going home, I went to a friends house. She invited me the day before to come and spend the fourth of July evening with her and her family at her grandma's house. Of course, since I was alone, I accepted. -My host-cousins went down to their parents to spend the weekend. Sigh. Left alone again.
Anyways, I drove to my friend's house, dropped my car off there, and drove with the family to the countryside of New-Town. Oh how it reminded me of home! Fields upon fields, the horizon lined with trees. The smell of grass, of wind, of nature all together. Sigh. It was nice. The house was surrounded by corn stalks! All very green and not ripe enough to gather. The stalks weren't as tall as the kids would have liked. "Oh, it could be like "Signs"! I can't wait to run around in it!"
We ate dinner first: hot dogs, hamburgers, watermelon, and chips. And then we ate desert: a gigantic cookie cake with flag-like icing on the top. When we were done we watched a bit of TV and then went outside and played around. I spent most of the time tossing a baseball back and forth to my friend. We would just stand on opposite sides of the huge yard and see how far we could throw and actually still have the person catch it. It was really fun! We got to bat the ball too. I learned that, with me anyway, I would either not hit it at all, or hit it so far that it sored into the cornfield, and that wasn't very often. I think out of all twenty times I swung the bat, only three of them made it to the field. But it was fun. After that we went back inside and got cooled off -it was so hot outside! ...Then we watched some more TV and the family went out back to shoot off fireworks. My friend and I just stayed inside and watched TV, we ended up missing all the fireworks, but I don't think my friend cared too much, and I didn't really mind to be honest. I just liked being there.
Though we missed shooting off the fireworks, we certainly didn't miss seeing them. The drive home was amazing! Everywhere we looked, every inch of the horizon, you could see fireworks. Large, flowery, colorful fireworks. It was so cool! Even when I was driving home from my friend's house I could still see them. I even laid out on the sidewalk and watched them go off for a few minutes after I got home. It was nice. This year didn't feel very patriotic though. No National Anthem, no one said anything about it being Independence Day, today was simply "The Fourth." Oh well. I didn't sleep very well. The fireworks went off well into the night and carried on into the morning. Well, I got to go. I have a whole nother day of work to look forward to.
Happy Independence Day!
Sweet Moments in Primary
6 years ago
1 comment:
I must agree. It was a very odd Independence Day....you are right.....it was more of a 4th of July. No one mentioned "Independence Day" at all. Weird?? I'm glad that you had fun....sorry we weren't here with you.
Post a Comment