Monday, July 28, 2008

Up North II

Okay, so this was really weird. I've been getting a lot of worried comments about my "friend" at Wal-Mart last week and it's kind of made me slightly paranoid, today didn't help...

I have work late tonight and so I had the whole morning off. (B.T.W. I got really good grades on my last semester. Yay! Totally thought I'd fail!) Well, by eight o'clock, I had my bathroom cleaned, my clothes in the wash, my closet all organized (but I did that the night before, so that one doesn't count.) and I had a compilation of the things I needed to get accomplished. I woke up at 7:40, when my cousin left for work, so I buzzed about the house getting things done as quickly as possible. I hate to waste any time! In fact, sleeping in 'til eight nearly killed me! I'm use to getting up much earlier. Every minute counts!

Anyway, after my list of things to do at home was complete I went to town, literally. First, before I did anything, I called my Orthodontics to see how much I still owe on my braces (and it's a ton more than I expected it to be! Holy Cow! I'm gonna drown in my own expenses before the year is quite out!), then, I dropped off a box of junk at Good Will (and that's not to say that I only had enough junk for one box, I just haven't gone through everything yet) then stopped by at my oral surgeon to give them a copy of my insurance and see how many dollar signs I was looking at. Sadly, I don't know that one yet, I have to wait for the phone call. But at least they have it now. That's good. Then, finally, I went to Wal-Mart. I pulled around back and dropped off my car and got my oil changed. I guess they looked over the whole car too, it was a little expensive, but they didn't give me any other choice. So, I waited for an hour and a half while they gave Sheldon a check-up. It's about time he got one to.

So, with no Sheldon and no company the only thing I did was stroll around Wal-Mart. It's actually bigger than I thought it was. My legs are still aching from walking around so much. I had to restrain myself from buying anything, and that was pretty hard. They're having this big ole Back-to-School sale and I was really anxious to get my hands on the supplies. Huge packs of paper for fifty-cents, a package of my favorite black pens for ninety-cents, and sets of plastic ware for a dollar each! Ugh.

Then, after almost fifty minutes of agonizing torture I decided to walk around to the pet supplies. That wouldn't tempt me at all! Well, as I was turning the corner to the K-9 food, I spotted this white shirt from the corner of my eye. I looked up and my stomach fell. It was that guy! And I swear he was waring the same clothes. Ugh. He asked how I was doing and if I had gotten the item I was looking for from our last encounter. I kept my answers brief and suddenly became very interested in the specific brands of dog food. It seemed like he was focused on something else so he didn't stick around too long, not that I would have either. His promise that he'd see me later made me keep to opposite side of the store. Bleh.

3 comments:

Hannah Maree said...

Yikes!!!

Keith said...

Hurray for creeps!...Oh wait a minute...Let's modify that a little... Hurray for ditching creeps on the other side of Wal Mart!

Nancyann said...

that is so crazy that you saw the same guy again! and quite nasty that he was wearing the same clothes, but not very suprising...yuck...