I ran almost six miles today. Well, I think I did more walking than running. This cold air and my lack of breathing capabilities forced me to simply walk most of the time. Anyway, I drank lots of water, ate all my meals and... I am very bored.
I had the time to watch ALL of "Gone With the Wind" for the first time as well as "Arsenic and Old Lace", for the first time too. I had heard that these movies were very good and that I would surely be missing out if I didn't watch them. ...HA!
First off, "Gone With the Wind", Miss Scarlett O'Hara (who only remains Miss O'Hara for the first ten minutes of the movie and yet that is the name for which she is famous, doesn't make sense) is just about as tolerable to me Miss Emma Woodhouse ...No. I take that back. I actually liked Gwyneth Paltrow and even Kate Beckinsale as Emma, it was just getting through the book that gave me so much trouble. In fact, I haven't finished. Anyway. Scarlett O'Hara is very ...very ...unlikable. And it was almost painful for me to get through the entire movie. And the end! Oh! I just hope the book ends differently!
Now, for "Arsenic and Old Lace". If you're the type of person who likes ...who likes.... Oh. The only person I can think of to say is Edgar Allan Poe. Well, if you like him and old, black and white Cary Grant movies then you'll love this one! I, being the type you does NOT like Edgar Allan Poe stories, did NOT like "Arsenic and Old Lace" (And I mean no offense whatsoever to the person who recommended it to me. I'm sure if I watched it with a different audience that the outcome would have been somewhat altered). I guess if I were to rate these movies I would most definitely not give them an A or a B or a C... I'll just leave it at that.
Anyway, now that I have no job and very few hobbies, I am usually very bored. If anyone has any movie, or book, or any sort of recommendations, I'd love to hear them! For now, I think I'll beg my best friend's sister if I can babysit for her kids for free. Anything that will give me something constructive to do!
Sweet Moments in Primary
6 years ago
1 comment:
What a shame you didnt like Arsenic and old lace! If you would have watched it with me sheri and sarah you would have loved it. Dont be totally put out of it yet. If you get the chance to watch it with some people who happen to think it's funny, do so.
And for the record...gone with the wind...meah
Post a Comment