Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Email: Dear Family.

Okay, so I wait every Monday for my brother to send me an email telling me all about his mission. Last week, when I wanted it the most, he didn't send one. Well, technically he did, but two sentences is hardly something that could be counted. I was not happy. But this week, after sending him a big long letter that probably hasn't even reached him yet, things were different. I didn't get anything. Nope. Nothing. Nota. Zilch. But, thankfully, my mother forwarded me (and these forwards are okay, so no problem there) my brother's email to the family. At least he sent something. Well, for those of you who know my brother and for those of you who are just bored and feel like reading about some boy down in Arizona, have fun reading! I hope you enjoy it. I cross my fingers for next week. Hopefully it will be better.

Alright, i have an idea. I've been writing in my journal for the past 3 months now, and i have about 30 pages written. (i also have been wearing my retainer too.) And i can take pictures of the journal pages and send them through email to you all. I'm not much for writing stories out though. And there hasn't been much going on. Were doing a lot of work, and we have our first baptism on Sat. Its a Hispanic guy named Rosendo and he came to church last Sunday, and we've talked to him 3 times since then. He'd been investigating the church for 2 years and moved here when he lost his 7 days a week job. We didn't even do anything with him, he just wanted to be baptized. Its pretty cool though. And we have about 10-12 others that will Most likely be baptized within a month or two. 3 have baptismal dates set for a few weeks from now, and the rest are slowly coming. My Spanish had been coming great. I can understand about 90-95 percent of it when its slow and clear. over all, about 50-60. Most people talk really fast. I speak a little less than that though. I really should speak it more often. Well, im doing great, having fun, making friends, sharing the gospel, and living life the best i can. I really like being a missionary. Ill have the pics next week. And the baptism too. Well, i love you all and i miss you. I dream about being home with everyone almost every other night. My companion said thats normal for the first few months and the last few months. lol. Well, ill write again next week. i love you. Please tell Sam i said hi. Grandma and Grandpa i said hi and i love them. The ward that im doing good and thanks for their support. The family that i love them too and congrats on all the wedding and babies. And please tell Cassie Leavitt and Danny Andelin that their old roommate in college is in my area. He is in the bishopric in a neighboring ward. It used to be my ward, but we switched when a new building went up and the areas changed. Hes in our area, but not our ward. And i forgot his name. Ill look it up
next week. Anyways, I love you all. BYE!!!

1 comment:

Laura Willis said...

I enjoyed reading about some boy in Az.
I look forward to reading his journal, if he finds a way to send it. It hasn't been done on the computer so I don't know how he will do that.
Keep praying for the boy we all love him very much.
Now, be honest... you knew he would be bad at writing, didn't you?
Have faith in him, he will get better, he couldn't get much worse =)
Love you,
Mom