I love getting emails (but not nearly as much as I love getting snail-mail), but one of the things that I do not love is getting forwards. Yes, forwards. I get them ALL the time! Depending on who sent them to me, I usually just delete them. One by one. Click by click. Until my Inbox is completely free of them. But if someone specific sent it to me, or maybe even personalized it (i.e. "I think you'd really like this" or "this reminded me of you") then I'll actually read it, but I usually just delete them. ...No offense to the sender.
So, today, much like any other day, I had to "take out the trash" of my Inbox. I deleted a few ads from different banks or whatever; deleted some retail ads and some online bookstore ads; but then I stopped on a forward sent to me by my sister. I sighed. Ugh. If only she wasn't related, then I'd have just deleted it and saved myself the torture of actually reading it... and there weren't even cool pictures to look at... Well, this is something like what I read:
>
>>
>>>THIS IS FOR REALS!!
>>>>
>>I'm dead serious!
>>
>> If you don't send to everyone in your contact list then something really bad is going to
>happen to you!
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>>>> keep scrolling and read the following!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>It's creepy!
>>>
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>
(Lots of weird shapes. Yada. Yada. Does the computer automatically do that or does the sender just get bored?)
>>>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>
>
>
...but then, somehow the rest of the forward gets slurred together or the contents get lost in the jumble of little arrows and half the time I really have no idea what the email is going on about. Anyway... It continues...
>
> Pass it on to your true friends (as opposed to your false ones).
>
>SOMETHING GOOD WILL HAPPEN TO YOU TODAY.
>SOMETHING THAT YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING TO HEAR.
>
>
>
> THIS IS NOT A JOKE; SOMEONE WILL CALL YOU BY PHONE
> OR WILL SPEAK TO YOU ABOUT SOMETHING THAT YOU WERE WAITING
> TO HEAR.
....and then, this is the part I always get a kick out of:
>>Do NOT BREAK THIS EMAIL!
>IF you do, something terrible will happen!
>Send it to a minimum of 234 people
>>>within five minutes!
>
>
>Send it -or else!
>
>
>
>
...And what do I do next? The only logical thing: I delete it.
Sweet Moments in Primary
6 years ago
3 comments:
hahaha I think it's so dumb that people actually take the timeto FW those messages. seriously. Hurray for the DELETE button.
Balete....hahaha Xander just let out this huge toot!...d
I think you should have given the name of the rotten sister who sent you that to you.
Did you get my forward?
I love you,
Mom
well I won't forward things to you anymore...jk. well just the things worth reading.
I am sorry that I bothered you with that stupid forward. I reallly didn't expect you to read it. :P
I love you!
Post a Comment