Okay, so as much as I'd love to draw this post out to every minuscule detail (I do love details) ...I can't. I am much too tired and brain dead for any of that. I feel dead. Well, the term "dead on my feet" is how I feel. Ugh.
So I bought the book last night. I was able to hang out at Wal-Mart with two of my good friends, along with all the other excited teenage girls, for the book. A vendor, I never did catch her name, was the one who first introduced us to the books. First she set up a small table and laid out a bag of buttons and a stack of stickers -all of them Breaking Dawn Themed. I grabbed three of each -hey I had family-fans. ;) Well, it was fun waiting and all. The book was tons bigger than I expected. It's more like the new Webster's Dictionary than a teen novel. It's huge! So yeah, I drove home in torture at the idea that I had to wait the whole fifteen minutes to drive home before I could sink my teeth into the book. It took a surprising amount of concentration to keep from speeding all the way home.
Anyway, blah, blah, blah. I got home, changed into my jamies, got comfortable on the couch and just read. I was careful to leave the living room light on as well as the bright lamp in the corner. I didn't want to risk falling asleep, not to mention ruining my eyes. Well, one o'clock rolled around, and I surprisingly wasn't tired. Then one turned into three, barely noticed, and then when six thirty rolled around I shut the book. I wasn't close to being done, but I was getting really tired. It wouldn't hurt if I just shut my eyes for a few minutes. I could see the sun peaking in through the blinds and I was sure I wouldn't sleep for very long anyway. Well, just as soon as the book was safely tucked at my side, my eyelids fell like a ton of bricks. I was out. I was out cold. I think the word "unconscious" wouldn't be at all far from reality. I woke up an hour later though afraid that I would sleep in too late.
So yeah, now, aside from my ever burning eyes, my senses and muscles are all but completely dead. I can hardly move. I hurts to hold anything. Even holding my fork at breakfast was too much for my weak state. Holy Cow. I can hardly stand without staggering or having to brace myself against a wall. Ungh. Work is going to be fun. Sure. Sure.
I've never pulled an all-nighter before. Today would be the first, and I still didn't technically do it. I was curious to see how my body would handle it. Obviously, it isn't doing too well. Not only am I the weakest link, but my emotions are all out of whack. I don't even know how to handle myself! ...Man, I am so tired. Anyway, the book is going good. I can't really say that I'm "enjoying it". I am at a very interesting part in it though. I'll be sure and let you know my honest opinion of it just as soon as I finish. I don't seem to be getting any farther into it than I was six hours ago, but that's okay. I'll finish it eventually. Probably Sunday, if luck has me.
I have work this afternoon and I don't get off until very late. And if my calculations are correct by the time I get home tonight I'll have pulled a solid forty hours of being awake, of course, with the exception of that one hour. So thirty-nine.
I guess this has taught me at least one thing:
Julia + Sleep Deprivation = Totally Not Good.
Sweet Moments in Primary
6 years ago
3 comments:
You are too funny. I bought the book at midnight and here it is...Sunday and I havn't even opened it. I'm in the middle of "The Host" so I want to finish that first. Hope the book is good.
your first all nighter? hmm...I thought we pulled one when we were little kids and we stayed up all night jumping on the trundle bed and making it collapse, just me and you and then Rissy for the second half of the night after we woke her up...then again, maybe that is just childhood memory exhageration, and we really just stayed up kind of late...hmmm
Hey! ...I don't know. Did we stay up all night? Its been so long I can't even remember. Like I said, I usually block most of my childhood memories. :P But maybe you're right. Maybe we did. Good times. Good times.
Post a Comment