Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Carriage House.

Every Wednesday we have an outlandish, crazy, cruel thing called "Clean Checks." This is when two women -kind of like Sister Missionaries, only they just walk in without invitation, scan the house, open random things in the kitchen and bathrooms, open up the bedroom doors to see if the beds are made, and then judge us, mark it on a piece of paper, set it on the counter, and leave. (..okay, so they're so totally NOT like Sister Missionaries.) If our score is high for the whole semester, we get a pizza party. If its low... then no pizza. And so, being a fan of pizza I strive every Wednesday morning to live the life of a perfectionist with a bad case of OCD.

Of this sad, stressful ordeal of Clean Checks, this is what a few of my roommates think of it: "Clean Checks? -I hate them." "Surround sucks. It's good though to help us to remember to keep things in order." (BTW: Surround are the walls around the tub. They've been stained and so there is no way in the world to get them white again. That's what gives us a 98% EVERY time.) But as much as we don't like them, we are well on our way to a pizza party.

Anyway, moving right along. I am now going to take this post and give you a virtual tour of my apartment. Hold tight!

Outside.

Our Full Fridge.

Our Full Shelves.

The Oh So Popular Kitchen!

The Sink! -I felt it would be best to show you the "real" sink. (Actually, from the norm, this is pretty clean!)

The Dining Room (aka: The Kitchen) which is currently full of girls.

The Living Room, and the couch on which I now sit.

Our Cable TV where I saw Jason break up with Melissa in front of hundreds of people!

The Bathroom. Usually it's pretty dirty. I swear, I have NEVER seen so many curling irons and straighteners!

And my room! -or bed, whichever.

And that concludes our Carriage House Tour!

4 comments:

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

haha Nice place....I've been putting off pictures of ours cause it looks so terrible. We still haven't unpacked everything yet.

Sarah said...

they never opened random things for us, so sometimes dirty dishes were stored in the oven. And you know they probably just do little cesars pizza, the $5 large, nothing special. not to burst yoru bubble. :)

Sheri said...

What a fun virtual tour! Thanks for showing us where you live. It's fun to have a sneak peak into the life of Julia. :)

Nancyann said...

hahahaha, Sarah, I love that you guys sometimes stored dishes in the oven...that is so funny....and ya, I really liked the virtual tour of your appartment too, Julia! :)