Wednesday, March 18, 2009

You've Had A Busy Day?

Yesterday... Lemmie tell ya. I went to work, went to school, literally ran to and from my orthodontist for my appointment, went to counseling, then came home, worked on homework, took an hour nap, went and saw cadavers with my cousin (!!!!!!), went back home, was locked OUT of my apartment, (I forgot my key AND my cell phone!!), waited, went and ate dinner at Hogi Yogi (I was THAT hungry), came back, waited some more, until finally about an hour and a half later my roommates showed up, I took a shower (the cadavers are the foulest thing I have EVER smelt!!), called in for work because I had WAY to much homework and I knew I'd be dead tired (usually I just ignore the tiredness, but I thought I'd be up really really late finishing my homework, turns out I wasn't -not any more than usual- but anyway. It was nice to have the day off. I'll work on my off day to make up for it. No biggie.) After that I finished my homework and then tried sleeping. I don't know what it is, but lately (even if I'm DEAD tired -pun intended) I can't fall asleep. My mind keeps spinning and I can never just stop and concentrate on falling asleep...)

Well, I guess that's about all for yesterday. Mostly I just wanted to gross you out about the cadavers. For those of you don't know, a cadaver is a dead body. "Cadaver" is usually used as a more formal term for a body being used in medical training or research. Which is what my cousin was doing; studying the different muscles in the body. (Yuck!) I didn't post a picture of it (not that I took any. I didn't) to further gross you out, but I was afraid that not all of my audience could handle it. But trust me. It is MUCH worse when you see them in person. I seriously thought I was going to lose my lunch. I just kept telling myself how utterly embarrassing that would be to both myself and my cousin. So I held it in. But if you want to see a picture of one, just click here. So anyway, that was my day...

2 comments:

Sheri said...

NEATO about the cadavers!

Laura Willis said...

I have had days like that. Just consider it practice for being a mom of many? That was a totally crazy day. I am glad you lived through it.