Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Missing Missouri.

Okay, I was in the living room this evening working on homework and my one of my roommates looks up from her laptop and says "Oh. I found this song and I thought of you." So we heard it, and I think I have a new favorite song!

The song is called Missing Missouri by Sara Evans. And for my mother's sake (and anyone else who likes to read lyrics to country songs) here are the lyrics. And even though I don't have a husband or children yet, I still really like the song.

I love my life, love my husband
Without those kid's, man I ain't nothing
I love my fans, love my band
Love my little Tennessee piece of land
Sometimes my life can get so hectic
Out of the blue when I least expect it
Somewhere between the hubbub and the drama
I get to thinking bout mama and

[CHORUS]
I'm caught up in missing Missouri
'Cause I wanna be with my family
Instead of stuck out on this road I'm on
Every time my bus wheels hit the bootheel
There's no limelight and I'm alright
'Cause I'm almost home
Where they love me, where they know me
Where they show me back in Missouri

The road just ain't no place for whiners
It's motels, truck stops, all night diners
Hoping that your song'll sell
And having to smile when it ain't doing well
So when everything just gets to much
And I feel like I'm giving up
I close my eyes and say a little prayer
And its like I'm there and

[CHORUS]

[Bridge:]
Late summer nights sneaking out the window
Me and the girls driving down the back roads
Tobacco fields and bumblebees
And the cardinals playing on TV

[Chorus till fade]


I LOVE it! I never really imagined that I'd miss my Missouri, but I do. I really do. And, I guess I should have seen it, but I miss my family more, and I miss them more than I ever thought I would.

2 comments:

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

man...missouri. Greenville has a lot to offer, but I do miss the cold weather....odily enough. But yeah....I guess missing my family is the hardest. My first week here I had a small "breakdown" if you could call it that. I guess I was just a little homesick cause I hadn't seen any friends or family for an entire week. And we had left everyone in missouri.

Mary Beth said...

You didn't think you'd miss your family? That is nice of you.